Finance & Administration Assistant
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Applications Due: 11th August.2016
About Akili Dada
Akili Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator nurturing a generation of young African women from underprivileged backgrounds whose commitment to the underserved will transform their communities. Founded in 2006, our leadership development curriculum creates the foundation on which young women ages 13-35 build their skills and earn the essential qualifications they need to access key decision-making roles and leadership positions. By selecting from, and building the capacity of, some of Kenya’s most innovative young women change-makers, we are meeting the urgent need for both more Kenyan women in leadership, as well as the overall need for transformative leadership across the African continent.
Read more about Akili Dada at http://www.akilidada.org
About the Finance & Administration Associate Position
We are looking to recruit a dynamic and energetic individual to serve as an Associate to the Finance & Administration department. The position reports to, and works closely with, the Finance & Admin Manager.
You are a great fit for this position if you:
Are a Kenyan citizen or are already legally allowed to work in Kenya.
Have 1-3 years’ experience in Accounting, Finance and Administration role
Are well versed with QuickBooks
Have ability and skills in planning and budgeting for program activities.
Are IT Savvy,
· Has strong work ethic and ability to work with little or no supervision
Has excellent communication and Administrative skills
Have full professional accountancy qualification (CPA).
· Managing petty cash
· Credit and Debit controls
· Filing statutory deductions per month
· Ensure adequacy of supporting documentation for all payments and that all hard copy vouchers are duly authorized before payment
· Ensuring that all financial records are properly kept by managing a systematic financial filing system that is sequential, complete and up to date at all times
· Liaising with the technical support personnel for repairs or maintenance of office equipment
· Monitoring the movement of inventory and updating the register
· Responsible for carrying out stock as stipulated in the organization.
· Ensuring that monthly utility bills are paid on time
· Responsible for updating fixed assets register and reviewing regularly
· Overseeing office cleanliness and replacement of office supplies
· Any other role in support of the program staff
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) with a competitive remuneration package. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your interest in and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August,11th 2016. Please be sure to include “Finance & Administration Assistant” in the subject line of your email. Young women are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.