Position: Full time
Applications Due: Wednesday, September 23rd 2015 by 5 pm
Start: October 2015
Location: Based in Nairobi, Kenya
About Akili Dada
Akili Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator nurturing a generation of young African women from underprivileged backgrounds whose commitment to the underserved will transform their communities. Founded in 2006, our leadership development curriculum creates the foundation on which young women ages 13-35 build their skills and earn the essential qualifications they need to access key decision-making roles and leadership positions. Read more about Akili Dada here
About the role
We are looking to recruit a young, dynamic, energetic woman who is passionate about girls and young women’s issues. This person will provide support to the Program Director in the Young Changemakers Program (YCP). This role is vital in ensuring that the objectives of the Young Changemakers Program are met and that the Program Director receives the much-needed support in achieving the program’s goals.
You are a perfect fit for this job if you:
- Are self-driven, energetic and motivated.
- Have a heart for girls’ and young women’s empowerment and your values closely align with those of Akili Dada.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Are a Kenyan citizen or are already legally allowed to work in Kenya.
- Have at least administrative work experience, specifically in the development sector.
- Possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Possess strong analytical and organizational skills
- Have the ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality work on time.
- Have experience in event planning.
- Hold at least a diploma or a university degree in a relevant field.
- Capacity to work in a multicultural workforce, including sensitivity and competency in working with individuals and groups of diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and lifestyle backgrounds.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing all logistical arrangements for program activities while adhering to organization’s procurement procedures.
- Preparing all program activity reports and documenting all program activities including through multimedia platforms.
- In-charge of filing all program documents and maintaining up to date database.
- Supporting in the organization and coordination of program events/activities.
- Working with other Program Associate to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of projects and other program activities as assigned by Program Director.
- Preparing training kits or information packages with support from Program Director and send materials to participants in a timely manner.
- Supporting in the accounting of funds allocated to program activities; ensure timely and good quality reports of all program expenditures and activities.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) with a competitive remuneration package which includes health and life insurance, retirement benefits as well as an allowance for your own professional development. True to our mission, Akili Dada believes in investing in the leadership development of our own staff in a nurturing, collaborative and supportive environment.
To apply, please submit your CV including a cover letter detailing your interests/motivation to work for Akili Dada and names of 3 references addressed to the Program Director -YCP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Wednesday, September 23rd 2015.
Please be sure to include “Program Associate” in the subject line of your email.
Young women are especially encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.